Glendive Public Schools follows procedures contained in the Montana Codes Annotated regarding the efficient and effective management of public records and public information:
|MCA 2-6-1001||MCA 2-6-1002|
|MCA 2-6-1003||MCA 2-6-1006|
|MCA 2-6-1009||MCA 2-6-1012|
Public Information Definition:
"Public information" means information prepared, owned, used, or retained by any public agency relating to the transaction of official business, regardless of form, except for confidential information that must be protected against public disclosure under applicable law.
How to Submit a Request for Public Records:
- Write your request on this form: PDF
- The following information must be included regardless of the means of request:
- Mail, email or submit your request to:
Your full name; Your address; Your phone number; Your email address; A specific description of the public information requested
Office of the Superintendent
Glendive Public Schools
900 N. Merrill Ave
P.O. Box 701
Glendive, MT 59330
- Upon receiving a request for public information, GPS will respond in a timely manner to the requesting person by:
- making the public information available for inspection and copying by the requesting person; or
- providing the requesting person with an estimate of the time it will take to fulfill the request if the public information cannot be readily identified and gathered and any fees that may be charged.
- GPS may choose to request a meeting or phone conversation if the request needs clarification or if it will be more efficient and convenient with the request.
- GPS may charge a fee for fulfilling a public information request. GPS may require the requesting person to pay the estimated fee prior to identifying and gathering the requested public information.
- GPS is not required to alter or customize public information to provide it in a form specified to meet the needs of the requesting person. If GPS agrees to customize
a recordsrequest response, the costs of the customization may be included in the fees charged by the agency.