WMS Announcements for Wednesday, April 17, 2019
LUNCH: Chicken nuggets, potato wedges, fruit, veggie, and milk - NO Salad Bar this week
REMINDER: NO SCHOOL this Thursday, Friday & the following Monday!
Students: it has been brought to my attention that some students are taking apart pencil sharpeners and taking the razors out of them. This is a serious safety issue and serious consequences will be given to anyone doing so. Please make good decisions and not do this.
7th & 8th graders! We're looking for students that like to adventure and experience new things. There will be a trip to Belize in the summer of 2020 that you shouldn't miss out on, because it will be a trip of a lifetime! There are only 18 spots available on this trip and time is running out to get signed up for cave tubing, snorkeling, zip lining, and visits to ancient temples. You do NOT have to know any Spanish, nor do you have to ever take a Spanish class to go on this trip. For more information, meet us in room 28 on the third floor after school on Wednesday. A parent meeting will be announced next week. Take this moment to set yourself up for wonderful experiences and an incredible adventure!
Check out the Readbox Book Review Boxes in the stairwells between 1st & 2nd floors. For a special, limited time, students will be able to use their phones during passing periods to scan the QR codes and read the book reviews that 7th graders wrote! You may find a book you HAVE to read! No fees to rent them, just head to the library and check the books out!" The readbox displays are here for a limited time, so check them out today.
We are taking submissions for the Joke of the Day that I read during the morning announcements. If you would like your joke to be considered please email it to Mr. Goyette for consideration.
- The Selfie of the week is posted in the hallway going up the stairs from the main entrance. Congratulations to Gabe & Mrs. Kurtz for being selected this week! Thank you to everyone for submitting their pictures. Just a reminder that selfies must be then submitted to Mr. Goyette by email for consideration as the Selfie of the week. Please make sure you have teacher/staff member permission to have your phone out before you take any of the selfies. We want to see all of the cool things going on at WMS!
- AFTER SCHOOL ICU ROOM: None - ENJOY YOUR LONG WEEKEND!!!
- This is a reminder to students and staff to remember to nominate others for the TIP Kindness Award. Anytime you observe a student or staff member doing a kind deed for another, you may write up an award for them. These are delivered at the end of the month by our TIP members. You may pick them up from the main office or from Mrs. Nissley.
- CROSSWALKS: Students please make sure you are using the crosswalks when coming to and leaving school. We have had a few students almost get hit when crossing the road coming/going from their parents vehicle. Please be careful!
- Joke of the day:
- What do you call a train carrying bubblegum? A chew-chew train (Kylie Garcia)